OBJECTIVES of ISKCON Youth Forum (IYF)
To establish a youth group of spiritually strong students, who are genuine practitioners and representatives of Sanatana Dharma (Krishna consciousness), who will be like beacon lights for guiding the rest of the society in spiritual life.
To train students in the philosophy of Krishna consciousness, its universal applicability especially to the present day generation, its profound depth along with logic & reasons.
To train students to become preachers of Sanatana Dharma.
To develop Personality and build up Character of youth, to give a real meaning to their lives, to live a God-centered life of purity and dedication with love and trust amongst one another.
To identify the talents in youth, and dovetail their talents for the service of God.
To render the most noble service of `JNANA DAAN distributing the sublime message of Vedas through spiritual books distribution at subsidized prices for youth.
To scientifically present Krishna conscious philosophy through all possible mediums of communication -- Books, Notes, Video/Audio Cassettes, OHP presentations, Slide shows, Dramas, Charts, Pictures, Magazines, etc.
To teach how to practice the science of Pure Love of God, which is the real goal of life, which alone can situate every living being back in his constitutional position of being the eternal servant of God in the Kingdom of God
Srila Prabhupada wanted young Indians to take up Krishna consciousness very seriously in their own lives and help to spread it all over India, fulfilling the order of Lord Caitanya.
various youth activities are being carried out in colleges all over YamunaNagarActivities have included:
- Publishing easy to understand books for students to understand Vedic knowledge in a scientific way.
- Preaching programmes in various colleges and companies around Pune.
- Training in music, singing, presenting lectures and other skills.
- Three-day residential camps covering many aspects of Krishna consciousness.
- Youth festivals once or twice a year with more than 1000 youths participating.
- The Bhaktivedanta Students Library with more than 2500 audio-tapes, 50 videotapes, 500 books and 20 cubicle facilities.
- Schools Programmes in different parts of Yamunanagar for children below 15 years of age